15 Common Blogging TerminologyWelcome to the blogging world! Before you jump in, familiarize yourself with these 15 common blogging terminology.
1. Blog - Short for weblog. It's similar to an online journal. You may use it for personal or business. The blog entries are in chronological order.
2. Blogosphere - A blogging community
3. Blog Carnival - A blog article containing links of other articles on a specific topic
4. Blog Roll - A list of blogs you recommend to visit. Also called link exchange
5. Captcha - Squiggly random letters, words or numbers used to block bots.
6. Categories - Organizing blog topics by grouping related topics together to make it easier to find
7. Comment Moderation - Allows the blog owner to pre-approve or reject comments made by visitors
8. Comment Spam - Comment spam is the act of posting random comments on blogs, which are unrelated to the topic or promoting URL links leading to sites containing adult content, pharmaceutical drugs etc.
9. Link Love - Posting a link on your blog or other blogs you think may be of interest to others
10. No Follow - Is found on blog platforms to prevent search engines from following a link in a comment reply. This was used to deter spammers. To remove "no follow" visit http://randaclay.com/blog/i-follow/ for instructions
11. Ping - Letting blog search engines know you have updated your blog. You can use a ping service such as Autopinger.com to ping multiple search engines at once
12. RSS Feed - Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication is a format for delivering regularly changing web content
13. Splog - Blogs that are just spam. Usually splogs contain scraped (stolen) content from other blogs
14. Trackback - Is a notification from blogger A to blogger B by sending a ping to say I have written something related to your blog post on my blog. The first person receives the trackback in form of an excerpt with a link to the post of blogger B
15. Vlog - A video blog
Now you can dive in and enjoy your blogging experience!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Get tips and learn more about blogging on Sophia's work at home forums.
S McIntyre is the founder of WorkAtHomeSpace.com, a free work at home resource focusing on providing work at home jobs, daily telecommute job leads, articles, business resources and other work at home related topics.
Source: Work At Home Space Articles