8 Strategies To Relieve Job Searching StressSearching for a work at home job isn't going to get easier as it will always be challenging. The stress that comes with job searching can be overwhelming, but there are eight strategies you can use to keep stress at the minimum.
1. Get into the habit of planning out your day and make it a routine so you're using your time wisely and effectively. You may be spending an hour job searching online, take a break and then network in the afternoons. Find a system that works for you.
2. Network offline too even though you'll be working virtually. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are all top online networking sites, but there's nothing like networking in person and making new connections. Many jobs are not advertised publicly and this gives you the chance to socialize and bring more awareness to employers who don't offer telecommuting.
3. Setting goals in your daily life is something everyone should do and without it you don't achieve much. They don't have to be big goals, but enough to say you have accomplished what you needed to do today.
4. Have a support system that will encourage you when you don't get that customer service job that you thought you were more than qualified for. Your support system is also there to motivate you, to keep you accountable and to offer advice.
5. Keep updated on the telecommuting news job front. You can find which companies are experiencing growth and have job openings, which companies are moving from Independent Contractor to employee status etc. You can do this via their RSS feed on their blogs, newsletters, on their social networking sites or through Google Alerts.
6. Stay productive by keeping yourself busy. When you're not job searching, focus on projects you have at home by finishing these tasks as it gives you a sense of fulfillment. You can volunteer your time in the community; who knows this may lead to a work at home job. If you sit around the house and do nothing then it's a waste of time and this can lead to unhealthy habits.
7. Learn to accept rejection and quickly get over it. Remember it's not you personally, it's just you're not the right fit for what the employer is looking for. This is why you have a support system in place.
8. Give yourself a breather. There has to be a life balance. Do what makes you happy like spending time with family and friends, meditate, go running or whatever.
Naturally job searching is stressful, but using these eight strategies it can alleviate some of the problems you may be experiencing. Having a positive attitude, self-confidence and keeping your stress levels down will make the job searching task more bearable.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR